Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday ride #2

6 hours in the saddle. Thats a long time for me. Certainly the most I have done in  long time. But it felt good. I mean it hurt and it was hard work but it was nice to see that i had it in me to hang with the guys and gals for the whole length of the ride. I did realize something though. I have this habit of getting stuck between 2 bunches. Im always quick to realize when a break is forming and if the main bunch will increase their work to catch them. But I always find my self caught between the two. Just sitting out in the open by myself  looking back to see if the others are catching up( there may be a life metaphor there). But when it happened yesterday I took a second the really think about it. And I guess you gotta just dig deep and work youre butt off to catch the break away group or resign yourself and work with the slower bunch. Just dont sit out there by yourself.
Dont forget to eat before you get hungry and drink before you get thirsty. See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment